- Sunday | June 28, 2020
Dear CMF Family!
Happy hellos, sad goodbyes and lots of food/love/joy.
The “green” news is good, isn’t it! It will be nice to meet for worship in person, to greet one another with a “happy hello” again beginning Sunday, June 21. Please be assured that some may feel comfortable returning. Others may choose to worship online at home for a bit longer. All individuals should feel free to return only when they are comfortable and have peace of mind. https://communitymf.online.church/
- This week, we say goodbye to our friends, the Kuhns Family. Farewell to you, Dave, Melanie, Ben and Nathan. God bless you, you will be greatly missed.
- Everyone knows that we really do food well here at CMF, don’t you agree?! And this time of quarantine has been no exception. Here’s a partial list: Food Pantry, Turkey Dinner deliveries, Whoopie pies for MDS and Nursing Home Staff, homemade bread, Drive-thru hamburg BBQ, Snack Attacks for Healthcare Workers, and coming up this Sunday, June 14, CMF’s Annual Chicken BBQ Meal. A huge “Thank you!” to all who have been part of blessing one another.
- Our love for one another demonstrated through food is a natural extension of God’s love. May it point folks to God, our heavenly Father. And, oh how WE ARE LOVED by the Father!
“Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you! I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer.
You satisfy me more than the richest feast. I will praise you with songs of joy.” Psalm 63:3-5 (emphasis added)
- This Sunday, June 14 – CMF Attendees are invited to share in our CMF Annual Chicken BBQ Meal – Drive-Thru Style. Last names A-M from 11:30 AM-12:30 PM; N-Z 12:30 PM-1:30 PM. See the attached flyer! Come to CMF after our online service this week. No sign-up or registration required! Don’t even need to get out of your vehicle! A huge thank you to Duane Zimmerman and friends for the chicken, for many others for the beans, mac and cheese, and dessert. Yum! If you would like a meal and are unable to pick-up, please text Jane at 570.428.5058 by Saturday to arrange delivery.
- Comeback Sunday! June 21 – The long-awaited “Comeback to Worship” Service will be held at CMF. The service will also be streamed online for those inclined to remain at home for now. More details will follow soon. As staff, we are busy getting everything ready for our transition back. Please be in prayer as we all find our bearings! Let us move forward with wisdom and compassion for one another.
- Our Youth and Children are awesome! How blessed we are as a church family to have such impassioned leaders to impact our youth and children for Christ. Lift up IGNITE youth (and leaders!) as they experience camp this week. And bless our children as they enjoy summer fun, too.
- Keep Growing! “House Arrest!” Join Pastor Tim for his online “House Arrest” Bible Study of Philippians. We invite you to watch and post comments in this convenient “virtual” way of studying together. “For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.” Philippians 2:13 Join us at: https://www.youtube. com/channel/UCmtPiWaS5Txd3s4Sf2gBI-g.
With love and joy for our CMF Family,
Pastor Tim, Jim, Amy, Tammy & Jane